Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alaskan boy participates in the girls state championship
(06-10-2016, 01:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: When the dude earlier stated that you were comparing this issue to a disease, illness, or physical malady I though he was off the mark; perhaps I misjudged him.

Nobody said they should not get treatment: I just disagree with getting physical treatment for a condition that might be (most likely is) mental. brings me to mind of the days of lobotomies. Once you are of the age of consent and have fully matured physically and mentally; then feel free to do as you desire. 

It's a medical treatment, so I'm not sure what else would be safe to compare it to. Your analogy of a girl wanting to date an older guy — to me — doesn't really compare as it involves another party; gender identity only directly impacts the person. Plus sexual attraction or a need for affection are typical human emotions and responses, whereas gender identify is atypical, in the same way as cleft palates or depression is atypical.

But, no, I don't think they have a disease just because they have a medical treatment in the same way as I don't think you're diseased if you go to the dentist and get a fluoride treatment or a cavity filled.

(06-10-2016, 02:03 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: infertiity
Increased suicide rates 

And if you wait until they come of age.... 98% of men and 88% of women want to stay their natural way.   

Hard to take away someone's ability to have children when such a high rate of these fix themselves. 

Infertility is an issue. As far as the increase suicide rates, among what? People? Transgender people? Males? Females? I'm not following. And if it's just among transgenders, I'd be interested in the environmental factors there. Like how many people had logged into an  internet message board and found their entire life debated by people who never had a dog in the fight.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alaskan boy participates in the girls state championship - Benton - 06-10-2016, 02:25 PM