Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alaskan boy participates in the girls state championship
(06-10-2016, 02:25 PM)Benton Wrote: Your analogy of a girl wanting to date an older guy — to me — doesn't really compare as it involves another party; gender identity only directly impacts the person. Plus sexual attraction or a need for affection are typical human emotions and responses, whereas gender identify is atypical, in the same way as cleft palates or depression is atypical.

But, no, I don't think they have a disease just because they have a medical treatment in the same way as I don't think you're diseased if you go to the dentist and get a fluoride treatment or a cavity filled.
They are not the same because one involves another party? Both deal with the mental state of an adolescent, What is it about involving another party makes them different?

Are you saying gender identity is not a typical human emotion?  That is a new one to me. 

I think your last analogy would be more apt if you would say it's like going to the dentist and getting your baby teeth pulled instead of giving them time and see if the will fall out on their own.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alaskan boy participates in the girls state championship - bfine32 - 06-10-2016, 03:07 PM