Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton, Corner Turned or Weapons Gone?
(06-10-2016, 06:19 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ok, so you aren't counting Marvin's missed season as a season in the NFL...that's all well and good, but I'm not sure people see an entire missed season and add it to the positives pile as "more youthful."

Lafell is 29
MLJ is 26

Lafell was drafted in 2010
MLJ was drafted in 2012

None of that adds up to "4 years younger" in my book, is all I'm saying.  Contracts don't tell the whole story, but Lafell getting 1-year deal and 2.5 million to MLJ's 5 years and 40 million makes me skeptical Lafell is clearly the better WR, regardless of his age.  I assumed the plan was to use Lafell to replace Sanu and draft a WR in the 1st to replace MLJ.  WRs then went on a fire-sale in the 1st and now we're trying to be positive about Lafell being the same or better than MLJ when the actions the Bengals, if not the Lions as well, indicate otherwise.

But nothing is won in the off-season, so we shall see.

Replace Marvin Jones with Sanu... That's why you're ignoring how much Sanu got paid but not Marvin Jones. With you logic I could say "I don't know if Tom Brady is better than Flacco. Tom Brady has a 14 mil salary cap hit this year, but Flacco has a 22.55 mil salary cap hit, so it makes me skeptical Brady is clearly a better QB".
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread