Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
German recognition of Armentian genocide
(06-11-2016, 02:27 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Wasn't This all about how this started?   I realized it mushroomed into something crazy...   And certainly it's not Christians were great and Muslims were bad.     I am just pointing out how the religion of peace has conducted itself not only back then but throughout modern history.   

Would the crusades had started if Muslims were actually peaceful.... Probably.   But it wouldn't have been a religious centric war.   It would have been your typical war of empires.    

The difference between Christians and Muslims is that Christians are no longer fighting a holy war over lands they think are theirs.   I used to think Sykes-Picot was wrong but it was done to contain them to just fighting one another. 

Nobody was peaceful back then. Even the Hindus and Buddhists had nasty wars (really nasty). If you were peaceful then, you were run over by a Mack truck. And most of the fighting was against people of the same religion. The Arabs/Muslims were exactly the same as the Western Europeans. As for the Crusades being religious-centric, I think you'll find they were far less centered on religion and more on economics and politics in the end. Religion sometimes starts wars, but politics and economics always crop up as the real causes.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]

Messages In This Thread
RE: German recognition of Armentian genocide - Bengalzona - 06-11-2016, 03:01 AM