Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The hourly rate you need to afford a two-bedroom apartment in every state
(06-11-2016, 11:23 PM)GMDino Wrote: "Burger flippers" get trained in all aspects of the restaurant.  McDonald's, for example, likes to promote from within.  So they learn all the various jobs and should be able to fill in anywhere.

Coal miners have good wages due to their dangerous jobs thanks to years of fighting for it.

Kind of like others are doing now trying to get better wages.

Funny how that happened.

But it's not "skilled" like a doctor or a lawyer or a "college educated" profession.  Just like a burger flipper.

Oh and could for you saving...even that has nothing to do with how to do it nationally or how it would work.  Still a great "idea".

So if you start at the minimum wage at McDonald's you can actually experience growth and be promoted in which you will make MORE than minimum wage?  Hmmm... then what are you crying about? 

Yeah they fought by going on strike, which coal is an energy source and was needed.  I don't see how a burger flipper is a needed profession?  I mean sure fast food is a convenience but it isn't vital to man's survival.

Well, I would think that nationally you could implement some of these programs.  I remember seeing something about an urban gardener, he called himself the "Gansta Gardener", who went to the city about the unused land on his street that was barren and looked terrible.  He was told that he should clean it up himself, so he did by planting edible food.  One night he heard a noise and went out and found a homeless man picking the food.  The man started apologizing and went to give the food back, but the gardener declined and said that is what it is there for.  He told the guy to take what he wanted and to share the information.  I am not sure but if I recall the government tried to shut the gardener down.  Feel free to google this. 

If you can't find it, let me know, I will see if I can find the video, I think it was a Tedx Talk.  One of the few talks that I actually enjoyed.

The point is, getting food shouldn't be relegated to going to the local store.  If the majority of the population were to utilize the alternative ways to get food, then that would be a national thing.  If we changed the mindset of being consumers just for the sake of consuming for the majority instead of us "fringe" thinkers, then we would see a difference on the national level.

Of course, I don't expect any of these ideas to be discussed and brought up by politicians and especially economist.  I also expect people like yourself who will deride it because it is different than what you have known.  However, for myself and many of my friend, this is the path that we prefer to take.  It has been working so far.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The hourly rate you need to afford a two-bedroom apartment in every state - Sovereign Nation - 06-12-2016, 12:10 AM