Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The hourly rate you need to afford a two-bedroom apartment in every state
(06-12-2016, 12:55 AM)Benton Wrote: Tending an apple tree is fine, but it requires the capital to buy land and seeds. Similar to trading for an apple... Whatever you trade requires an investment.

Tending an apple tree doesn't require as much as you think.  As far as owning land, well there are many places of land that is in our cities that are unused and are capable of yielding apple trees (not just apple trees and btw, I don't grow apple trees, I have 1 peach tree and 1 pear tree in my yard, my wife's grandmother has an orange tree), a lot of times you just plant them and let mother nature do what she does. 

Feel free to look up survival gardening and you can see that there is a way to have a garden that you don't even have to tend.  Which will provide food that you don't have to actually farm for.  The food is usually there for when you want or need it.

What I seem to gather is that people want convenience, they have an entitlement mentality and a defeatist personality.  Remember way back when I said I am glad this doesn't pertain to me, well this is why.  I could care less if the wage is lifted to 15 an hour but why stop there, why not just go for 50 to 100 an hour?  I mean everyone should be making the same, right?  Well go ahead, push for it, or as Dino says, fight for it, when it comes to pass and it doesn't work, then you can just raise it again. 

Since I do have my gardens and aquaponics, I never have to really worry about getting food.  Since I do know goat owners and chicken owners, I know I have access to eggs and milk and yes even cheese.  Not only that but goat is actually quite good eating and I hear is better for you than cows.  Since I do have solar power that can run the essentials, I am not even worried if the grid fell. 

I started out as a prepper, then I realized that off-grid living is more for me.  Since changing my mindset, I became happier as far as work goes, since I wasn't working to make money to buy food or to pay my mortgage (I went over seas to be a rent-a-cop and made great money to pay off my home) or to get essential power.  I was working to go on vacations and not just a vacation to go to see relatives, but to go to places like Thailand, Uganda, Dubai.  This year, going back to Thailand, next year wife and I are going to Lithuania the year after the Altafjord.  I had to change my own mindset and that is all anyone can do.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The hourly rate you need to afford a two-bedroom apartment in every state - Sovereign Nation - 06-12-2016, 06:40 AM