Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you personally know any Muslims?
While I wouldn't count them as friends, as they aren't really close enough to count them as such, I know many Muslims and have regular dealings with them. I do a lot of work with faith based organizations in our area as a board member for one and a volunteer for a couple of others. We work with our local Islamic Center/Mosque with these organizations on a regular basis. I've gone to events at their building to speak to them as a group, I've been invited to some of their homes for meals, I've helped them with some projects around their facility. The community here is made up of Muslims from all over the ME and SE Asia.

I also work regularly with students from countries in the ME that are here on scholarship from their country. We have around 40 students from Saudi Arabia that have their studies paid for and I meet with them on a somewhat regular basis to help them keep their financial situation in order while they are here. I also have students from Egypt and Oman. My wife teaches English composition classes for them as well, and so we both get to work with these students on a regular basis.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do you personally know any Muslims? - Belsnickel - 06-13-2016, 03:00 PM