Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you personally know any Muslims?
There is a pretty sizeabe number of international students from Saudi Arabia were I went to college. I worked as a tutor, so I helped a fair amount of Saudis. They talked with accents of course, but most were strong in English. Going half way across the globe to get a degree in a non-native language in a totally different as teen and into your early 20s seemed way more impressive to me than I think they generally got credit for. I couldn't imagine having done that.

In my international business course, a senior came in to guest speak. He was a pastey white international student from Poland, but was raised by a Muslim and athiest parent. He said he was atheist, but still took part in Muslim traditions with the other side of his family. He said when he was a freshman an upper classmen white chick tried to lecture him about being insensitive because he was drinking Starbucks. Them of all businesses were supposed to be being boycotted becuase of some perceived slight their brand did against the Muslim cultural. He had no idea what she was talking about and when he told her he was Muslim she told him how cool that was and akwardly ran away.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do you personally know any Muslims? - 6andcounting - 06-13-2016, 04:02 PM