Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, what have 8 years of Progressivism brough us?
(06-13-2016, 07:19 PM)grampahol Wrote: The OP really needs to study up on just what is and isn't progressivism. But let's just forget the past 8 years which on balance have been pretty good although it's a mixed bag as always.
Progressivism gave us the 40 hour work week. Social Security,  the civil rights movement and on and on.
You want to go back in time and have to worry whether your crops will fail and if they do will you and your entire family starve? Want to go back to lynchings? Want to work 100 hours a week for whatever your boss decides to pay you and be forced to buy everything at the company store and have it taken out of your paycheck that may or may not be issued?  Be my guest.

Ah, easy there.  No one that wrote the OP has mentioned taking away and rights, or asked anyone to demand back any rights that their predecessors may have given up, in order to achieve some good things.  What I was really suggesting is that we may have drifted a bit too far to the left, in recent years.  We now have sections of the population that were once looking for equality, now using violence seeking "vengeance", we have a great many of the population afraid to point out potential, and some times actualized terrorists..  all in the name of "political correctness".  I can think of at least a couple of cases in the past year, where if people would have just stood up and demanded that attention be paid to suspicious individuals, terrorist acts may not have occurred on US soil.

To the ones thinking that the ACA was going to be some great "savior" to folks without insurance?  Ask those folks how their "40 hour work week" is going.  Fact is that many industries that the ACA was supposed to target (no pun intended) have reduced many folks to part time, thus leaving them on their own to pay for insurance, that they still can't afford.  While, many others that were promised reduced premiums and the like, are all paying much, much more to accommodate those without proper insurance.  As for the last sentence in your post, Hahaha.  Many of our jobs that used to provide a family income, are now in countries where forcing people to work as many hours as necessary, with low pay, are the norm. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23

Messages In This Thread
RE: So, what have 8 years of Progressivism brough us? - SunsetBengal - 06-13-2016, 08:07 PM