Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remember The Judge That Screwed My Family?
Remember how I posted about that judge that made the worst ruling in the history of rulings and screwed my family?

Well, maybe he is just that stupid because he just sentenced a man to only 25 years for raping a 6-year-old and giving her gonorrhea:

Quote:The man convicted of raping a 6-year old girl who contracted gonorrhea from him was sentenced to 25 years in prison on Monday.
Christopher Esper, 19, was convicted of first degree rape of a child in April but the jury that returned a guilty verdict could not agree on a sentence to recommend.
The possible sentences for his offense were either 20 to 50 years, or life. Prior to going to trial, Esper was offered a 20-year sentence in exchange for a guilty plea, but he opted to face a jury, even though he had confessed his guilt to investigators from the Covington Police Department. His public defenders on Monday urged Kenton County Circuit Judge Gregory Bartlett to choose the minimum sentence of 20 years since that was the original offer from the Commonwealth's Attorney Office.
"The day before the trial he could have taken 20 years and spared all of us - not the least of which is this child from taking the stand," Bartlett said. "He took his chances and he lost. You can't expect me to forget the trial and pretend it didn't happen."
Bartlett said all that he would consider in the defendant's favor was his age. Esper was 18 at the time of the crime and is now 19. His victim was 6 and was 7 when she took the stand, shaking, according to prosecutors who also said that the girl will suffer for the rest of her life because of the act.
The girl testified at trial that Esper raped her in the bathroom while she was in his care. A doctor from Cincinnati Children's Hospital testified that after the rape, the girl tested positive for gonorrhea.
Esper also tested positive for the sexually transmitted disease.
Bartlett sentenced Esper to 25 years in prison.

25 years when the options were 25 to 50 years, or life?

This little girl testified, so she is obviously old enough to remember it and to have it impact her for the rest of his life, yet this guy only has to serve 25 years?!

Then Bartlett acts like he brought the hammer down on him because he didn't settle when he only added on FIVE YEARS to the minimum sentence.

I'm wondering if he knew all the parties involved and saw them all the day of the incident like he did in my case.

Bartlett's a criminal and should be disbarred.

Messages In This Thread
Remember The Judge That Screwed My Family? - BFritz21 - 06-14-2016, 12:07 AM