Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alaskan boy participates in the girls state championship
(06-10-2016, 09:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It also states verbatim: it is not sufficient to remedy the high rates of morbidity and mortality found among transsexual persons.

What the hell does that sentence mean to you?

Let's use the entire quote, shall we?  

Quote:Even though surgery and hormonal therapy alleviates gender dysphoria, it is apparently not sufficient to remedy the high rates of morbidity and mortality found among transsexual persons.

Hospice care doesn't remedy morbidity and mortality, either.  Does that mean it is ineffective?  I shouldn't have to answer that question, but apparently I do.  No, it doesn't mean Hospice care is ineffective.  Hospice care helps alleviate pain and suffering, among other things as well.  As the authors stated in the first half of the sentences which you intentionally omitted, surgery and hormonal therapy alleviates gender dysphoria.

Quote:As to the question you asked me; it states that this study cannot tell how effective sex reassignment treatment is.

Yet, you immediately made a statement about its effectiveness in your first sentence despite understanding the authors specific warning not to do what you just did.

It's like telling a private, "Don't put your hand over the muzzle of your weapon." Then the idiot immediately does what you just told him not to do.

Science is obviously at least two pay grades above some people's ability level.

Quote:What it does point to is that  it is obviously not a cure.

Advair doesn't cure asthma.
HCTZ doesn't cure hypertension.
Lipitor doesn't cure hyperlipidemia.
Synthroid doesn't cure hypothyroidism.
Humalin doesn't cure diabetes.
Tegretol doesn't cure epilipsy.
Topamax doesn't cure migraines.
Zoloft doesn't cure depression.
Ativan doesn't cure anxiety.
Cardizem doesn't cure afib.
Valtrex doesn't cure herpes simplex.
Timolol doesn't cure glaucoma.
Pamelor doesn't cure tinnitus.

Are you starting to see a pattern?  Probably not, but those treatments alleviate symptoms (some life threatening), but don't cure stuff either.  Does that mean they are ineffective?  Again, I shouldn't have to answer this, but feel I must.  No, that doesn't mean they are ineffective.  Do you have any more brilliant observations?  Because I'm waiting for you to dazzle me once agian.

Quote:See we can both bold and underline sentences in a comprehensive study; only one of us loses our shit over it.

And only one of us believe a delusional lady in Texas controlled a tornado.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alaskan boy participates in the girls state championship - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 06-14-2016, 03:53 AM