Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hue Jackson #7 among all coordinators in NFL
Meh. I think Jackson is way overrated by these analysts that keep giving him such high marks. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because of injury and him being a "rookie" OC here, but our offense didn't look that great last year. I'm pretty sure Hill would have still been a really good NFL RB regardless of who our coordinator was, so I don't think I'm ready to give Hue all of the credit there.

We ran an above average amount of times on first down compared to the rest of the league despite Andy being very efficient in 2014 on 1sts (68+% completion, 7 YPA, 91+ passer rating). Maybe it was Hue's playcalling that helped there, so I will give some of the credit to him for that. Passing plays were rarely called with 1-3 yards to go, and the offense was very inefficient on those passing plays. Also, FWIW, Andy's passer rating was around 97 in the no huddle last year.

We ranked either right in the middle of the pack or lower in every major offensive category last year. Points per game, yards per game, 1st downs per game, 3rd down conversation %, penalties, and time of possession. Some of those could/should have been better even with the injuries.

I think the offense really underperformed last season even though there were a few injuries and we had rookies at C and OC. I'm definitely willing to withhold a real strong opinion on him until this season though, I'd like to see what he can do, I just really don't understand the very high ratings he's been receiving in the media.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hue Jackson #7 among all coordinators in NFL - djs7685 - 06-29-2015, 01:52 PM