Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Still Can't Believe We Lost
It wasn't looking good, wasn't looking good, wasn't looking good.......and then AJ got the ball to AJ in the end zone...and I'm thinking, " We are ahead. The defense kept us in the game and we are ahead "......of course they had Big Ben, but when Burfict intercepted the ball.....then he ran down the field the wrong way into the wrong end zone, and announcers said that could be a safety and Steelers get the ball also, I was worried.....but Refs said he was down on the interception, and almost no time left on the clock.......For a few seconds I could see the team going the most years without a play-off win, that was over. The monkey was off our backs. We were finally going to have that play-off win. Who knows, if we get Dalton back and McCarron just beat Steelers, we could get healthy and make a Super Bowl run. For a few seconds this whole thing of never winning in the play-offs jinx's was gone......and then......The Fumble......still, there was just seconds on the clock. Sure this is Big Ben, but our defense has stopped him before. Just seconds and they have to go a long way to get in field goal position.....and then on one play, the refs hit us with 30 yards in unsportsmanlike penalties. Big Ben didn't even have to move them into field goal range. Big Ben was a non factor. The refs and the penalties and the emotions of the game getting the best of the players and the fans and the coaches....but 30 free yards with no time ticking off the clock.....and then the easy field goal giving Steelers the win with no time on the clock......30 free yards with just seconds left.....Another play-off loss.....Still since 1990 season since a Play-Off win.....and this one hurt the most......because AJ had hit AJ in the end zone to take the lead. Burfict had intercepted Big Ben right after that....So it looked like in the last minute of the game, we had pulled out one of the great wins in Bengals history......only to see it become one of the stupidest ways to lose a game in Bengals history......I still can't believe we lost that game.....It sickens me.....that is a loss that will hurt for a long time.....OK, the fans out of control is one thing, but the players and the coaches losing control is another. The complete loss of focus on the game and the time clock. Yes emotions are a part of the game, but this game got way out of control. The players and coaches lost focus on the play clock and that the worst, the worst thing they could do was give the Steelers 30 free yards with no time ticking off the clock. ...Football turned into TV Wrestling and to the benefit of The Steelers. The Bengals coaches and players just gave the game away. .....It doesn't help much that the NFL now says Porter should have been flagged also and it should have only been 15 free yards....The fact remains it was 30 free yards and then a game winning field goal. ....Bengals took the lead with a minute left in the game, made the quick interception. ...I still can't believe we lost that game........That was a perfect example of the coaches, players and fans letting their emotions get the better of them. That they had so much hate for the Steelers, that they forgot about closing out the last minute and forgot about getting the first Play-Off win in 25 years. Perfect example of letting their emotions get the better of them........AJ McCarron to AJ Green should have made McCarron the first quarterback to win a Play-Off game for Bengals since Boomer Esiason. It should have been Marvin Lewis first Play-Off win. It should have been Mike Browns first Play-Off win. 25 years without a Play-Off win, over 30 free yards in unsportsmanlike penalties at games end causing the loss. Emotions out of control and total lack of focus, not closing out the win.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
I Still Can't Believe We Lost - kevin - 06-15-2016, 03:00 PM
RE: I Still Can't Believe We Lost - jj22 - 06-17-2016, 09:21 AM
RE: I Still Can't Believe We Lost - jason - 06-17-2016, 09:01 PM
RE: I Still Can't Believe We Lost - Roland - 06-19-2016, 04:18 PM
RE: I Still Can't Believe We Lost - jj22 - 06-20-2016, 11:50 AM