Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obama: Calling ISIL 'Islamic extremists' would accomplish nothing
(06-15-2016, 02:20 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Pertinent would apply to the opportunity to use the phrase i asked about. Not a quantity.

My question applies to if there has been an opportunity to use the phrase after something like a loon bombing an abortion clinic.

I am not sure about the answer, but maybe we can lookup how the IRA attacks were covered maybe 15 years or so ago.  Or the Atlanta bombing.  

With that said, I do think it makes sense to identify this as "Islamic terrorism" or "Islam inspired terrorism" or "Radical Islamic extremism" or whatever, because I believe a positive side effect of this would hopefully be the sparking of discussion among Muslims worldwide on what "Islam" means, and how they can combat any hijacking of their faith by a very very tiny fraction of nutcases.  A worldwide Muslim condemnation of this idea of "death to non-believers" etc. would be a start.  I understand that this is happening to some extent, but there needs to be a more vocal attempt to reach these so-called lone wolves by mainstream Muslims.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Obama: Calling ISIL 'Islamic extremists' would accomplish nothing - masterpanthera_t - 06-15-2016, 03:01 PM