Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alaskan boy participates in the girls state championship
(06-15-2016, 11:00 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: WALLS worth of treaties.
I seriously shit you not.
A few were broken by Natives, but 97% (estimated, of course) were of US government lies.

Yes that's unfortunate.    I am sure I come off as cold on this matter but things probably progressed as they had to so we could progress as a nation.   I look at what the Spanish and dutch did in Central America, where they integrated with native cultures.   They are just behind the modern world with constant civil wars for the most part.   

I don't think the English came here to exterminate them.   I do think the exposure to the European diseases did them in much like the massive European deaths when they Asian diseases swept into Europe.  Had they not suffered a lot of deaths maybe at some point it would have been really violent.  But we will never know.   I don't think we gave them disease covered items on purpose.  

The Indians had their role in North America and its a good thing they are still around today.   The tribes sure make a loads of cash now.   Which is the only thing we can do for them now. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alaskan boy participates in the girls state championship - StLucieBengal - 06-15-2016, 07:38 PM