Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton, Corner Turned or Weapons Gone?
(06-16-2016, 11:53 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I think the age argument that Lafell is a better prospect than MLJ, yet MLJ received much more attention in FA is a valid one.

However, I don't understand how there wasn't some other team out there willing to pay more than we did for Lafell. Granted, maybe Lafell told his agent he wanted to be with a contender. Maybe Lafell was picky. Still, it's hard to believe that no other team would offer him a larger contract based on his career.

It's a one year, prove it sort of deal, so maybe the Bengals were his best shot to put up some stats and land a larger contract next year. Still, I feel like teams like KC, Balt, Cleveland, 49ers, Oakland etc etc could use a guy like Lafell. So why did he slip through the cracks?

Perhaps the timing was perfect, and I'm sure there plenty of beneath the surface reasons as to why Lafell ended up here, but its interesting he missed out on a mid tier contract for a WR needy team.

Hell if I know.  I'm just stating my skepticism about Lafell being no different, or better than MLJ is all.  A year ago Fred and I were debating on whether or not another 1-year FA WR (Denarius Moore) was going to return to his prior form after a bad year and be a slam-dunk gem of a FA find or not.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andy Dalton, Corner Turned or Weapons Gone? - Nately120 - 06-17-2016, 12:07 AM