Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton, Corner Turned or Weapons Gone?
(06-17-2016, 12:25 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Supply and demand. Demand was almost nonexistent after Jones was signed, so LaFells price went way down. If he hit free agency earlier, or other teams were wanting to sign a free agent WR he would have got more money.

I'll admit Lafell may have gotten more money and a longer contract had he not been one of the later known FA WRs to be claimed BUT it's hard to deny he wasn't our first choice, nor likely the first choice of a number of other teams despite being available at the same time.

Lafell and MLJ were both available at the same time and we tried to sign MLJ.  Once he was gone we gave Lafell a low-ball offer, and it's hard for me to get behind that as an upgrade until I see some on-the-field success.  I think that's pretty reasonable.  I don't think Lafell is going to be bad, but the main reason Lafell wasn't a top-priority signing for us falls on his shoulders.  We shall see.

Again, last year we signed Denarius Moore on a low-risk, hoping that his most recent year was an anomaly and he would return to his past averages.  He didn't, we moved on.  We've sunk more into Lafell, but we may very well have given him more because we lost 2 WRs this off-season.  Hell, we may have over-paid Lafell because we were over a barrel trying to replace 2 vet WRs.  That could be a bit much, but it's semi-plausible.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread