Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hue Jackson #7 among all coordinators in NFL
I think they're looking at more than just him being an OC last year. Remember, he was a wide receiver coach for the Bengals during the Chad, TJ, and Henry days. From 04-06. Those wide receivers did some amazing things those days.

Then he was OC for the Ravens and helped Joe Flacco win two playoff games that year. Although not great statistically, but that should help give us faith that Hue can win big games with issues from the QB.

Then he did GREAT things in Oakland. They ranked 31st on offense in 2009. He comes in 2010 and gets them to 10th. They also ranked 6th in points with 410. In 09 they had only managed 191 points, averaged 12 points a game. They ranked 21st in rush offense in 09, but when Hue came in they were ranked 2nd in the NFL.

So I think it's more so what he has done throughout his career, rather than just one season as an OC.

I mean, for crying out loud, he got the Raiders to 8-8. He had Jordan Campbell and was looking like a playoff team with him when he was head coach in 2011. If Campbell doesn't get hurt, they could have very well been a playoff team.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hue Jackson #7 among all coordinators in NFL - wolfkaosaun - 06-29-2015, 04:37 PM