Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton, Corner Turned or Weapons Gone?
(06-16-2016, 11:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So then you agree the Bengals were idiots to even bother to attempt to get MLJ when Lafell was available for a much lower rate?

Actually I do think they were idiots for offering MLJ 9+ million per (if that actually happened). I realize I'm just a lowly fan, but I just don't see why you'd pay a guy THAT much for 65-800-4 production when we've gotten that type of production out of Jerome friggin Simpson when Dalton was a rook.

I'll take 700 yards and 2-3 more drops to save 6 million this year and several million over the next few seasons. The potential positives outweigh the potential negatives by far IMO.

It's possible we wouldn't have extended Gio had MLJ received such a ridiculous contract here. Maybe we let Eifert walk. Dansby probably isn't here.

I almost understand the Lions paying him that, because they pass more than any other team and MLJ's role will probably match the contract size. In Cincy though, he was good for 700-800 yards as (arguably) the 3rd option. It just wasn't smart money to pay $9 million per for that.

That's not me trying to justify losing him after the fact, either. I would've said the same thing in February. MLJ may be slightly better, but no way in heck is he $6 million per better. LaFell looks like a way better value to me, and hopefully Boyd is ready to take over next year. I love how things turned out.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread