Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Still Can't Believe We Lost
(06-17-2016, 07:32 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: At first I was hesitant about repeating myself, but if we weren't allowed to repeat ourselves, there would be at least half more broadband available to use on this site.

1. Playoff games are meaningless unless it's the team that wins their last playoff game!  (I will be totally honest, I had completely forgotten the Buffalo Bills had played in 4 straight Super Bowls, something that will probably never happen again.  All I remembered about them was that they LOST 4 Super Bowls.)

2. You cannot celebrate a Bengal victory until the clock shows 0:00 in the 4th quarter, the Bengals are at least 1 point ahead, and there are no yellow flags on the field. THIS IS VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY TRUE!!!

3. Until the Bengals can play the Steelers with the poise, the same poise the Ravens use when they play the Steelers, Pittsburgh will continue to own the Bengals.  (Most predictions I've seen are picking the Patriots, Panthers, or Steelers to win this year's Super Bowl). Sadly, I agree.

4. As a casual fan since the Bengal birth in 1968, it's just fun to watch them every week of the season, knowing they are capable of winning each week. As a militant diehard since 1976, it sucks to watch them sometimes knowing they are capable of blowing it each week in unique fashion.

5. For those of you who seem to think records, outside of SB victories, mean anything, the Bengals have a chance to become one of only 3 teams that have made the playoffs 6 years in a row. (New England and Green Bay). Impressive, but, it's time to win one frickin' playoff game!!

6. For the last 5 years, the Ravens have owned the Steelers, the Steelers have owned the Bengals, and the Bengals have owned the Ravens.  That's the NFL in a nutshell.  Any given Sunday. True. I bet most people, myself being one of them, and trade owning the Ravens for owning the Steelers.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
I Still Can't Believe We Lost - kevin - 06-15-2016, 03:00 PM
RE: I Still Can't Believe We Lost - jj22 - 06-17-2016, 09:21 AM
RE: I Still Can't Believe We Lost - jason - 06-17-2016, 09:01 PM
RE: I Still Can't Believe We Lost - BengalFanInNJ - 06-19-2016, 11:56 AM
RE: I Still Can't Believe We Lost - Roland - 06-19-2016, 04:18 PM
RE: I Still Can't Believe We Lost - jj22 - 06-20-2016, 11:50 AM