Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chewbacca mom accused of white privilege
(06-18-2016, 11:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: When racial discrimination works in your favor then that is a privilege.

You can not change the definition of words just because you don't like what they mean.

priv·i·lege

ˈpriv(ə)lij/
noun

1. 1.
    a special right, advantage, or immunity granted or available only to a particular person or group of people.

"White people have an advantage over black people, but that is not a privilege.  Because I say so. Derp."

Racail discrimination always works in favor of one and against the other. You're just calling the one who gets the favor privileged. I'm saying that's just a name for the other side of the discrimination coin. We don't need another name for the other side. If you want to do that then when racial discrimination happens to other races, you need to call the favored side privileged. Then there's black privilege when blacks discriminate against whites. There's Asian privilege when an asian renter favors renting his apartments to only his race and so on. I am not trying to change the meaning of the word privilege. Nice try though. Again, there is racial discrimination and it occurs against all races at times. The whole concept of calling the other side privileged is a stupid, made up concept designed to foster more excuses.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chewbacca mom accused of white privilege - Beaker - 06-19-2016, 02:32 PM