Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The hourly rate you need to afford a two-bedroom apartment in every state
(06-20-2016, 01:12 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Inability to understand a point.... SN's biggets weakness.

It just is not possible for everyone to grow enough food to equal the increase in income needed to make sure people earn a living wage.

Three heads of cabbage cost about $2.50.  It takes 5-6 weeks to grow those cabbages.  that amounts to a couple of pennies a day.

Every little bit helps and I tghink anyone who can grow a garden should.  But suggetsing that everyone can significantly lower their cost of living through gardening just is not realistic. 

Inability to make a point..... Fred's biggest weakness.

Why are you so concerned with EVERYONE Fred?  It doesn't take everyone to do these things.  I have said it repeatedly, I am not concerned about whether the minimum wage increases or not.  Hell, make it $100 an hour if you wish, however increasing the minimum wage will have consequence.  The reason it won't effect me is because I hardly spend money at the store as it is for supplies, I could care less if you wish to spend more.

Now how about we educate 30% of the population and encourage them to find ways to lower their cost of living and to take the extra money they make and pay off their debts?

The consequences of that would be beneficial to helping the economy than raising the MW. 

I use food as just 1 area that people can lower their cost, if they planted small gardens or set up aquaponics.

There are other areas, like battery operated mowers and weed eaters, this way you don't have to pay for gas.  Throw in a small solar panel and you can charge your equipment off grid.

If you only focused on YOU and not EVERYONE, and if others followed suit, the the cost of living would decrease. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: The hourly rate you need to afford a two-bedroom apartment in every state - Sovereign Nation - 06-20-2016, 11:54 AM