Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chewbacca mom accused of white privilege
(06-20-2016, 12:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Because it is 100% true.  

When people ignore scientific studies and try to change definitions of words in order to win an argument they are either extremely stupid or have some other motive to deny reality.

What is your explanation for why people would ignore scientific studies and even try to change the definition of words in order to try and win an argument?

Yes, it's true because you say it's true. Rolleyes

I haven't seen anyone ignore scientific studies. I HAVE seen people come to a different conclusion of what the studies show. You do realize that it is possible to disagree and that it happens all the time. Doesn't make automatically make the other side wrogn and/or stupid. Only someone with an agenda and/or someone of lesser intelligence would think if one disagrees he or she is automatically stupid.

(06-20-2016, 12:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: White privilege is the result of racism.

Educate yourself on the simple meaning of words.

There IS no white privilege. Every legitimate example I've ever seen of white privilege, the truth was that it was an example of WEALTH privilege or was a case of racial discrimination.

You want me to admit to white privilege, give me one example of a privilege that I, a white man that makes $30,000 a year has that Oprah Winfrey or Kanye West does not.

(06-20-2016, 12:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What is your "complicated" explanation?

By its very nature, I would be hard pressed to fully explain why, but I have no qualms in admitting that there is an element of racial stereotypes in play. But, that's what MOST people would probably call racial discrimination.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chewbacca mom accused of white privilege - PhilHos - 06-20-2016, 12:26 PM