Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bill would require drug test to claim high-dollar tax deduction
(06-20-2016, 04:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I am absolutely at a loss. The point of drug-testing those on welfare is to ensure they are not spending other people's money on drugs.  The only reason I've gotten so far for testing those that earn deductions is because they have earned deductions. I am amazed daily at some of the stances this board has. 

FWIW, I'm not in favor of drug testing or itemized deductions. I just see no correlation behind the mentality for drug testing both.  

If it's food stamps, WIC, Medicare, they shouldn't be spending that money on drugs, because it's not physical money. Unless drug dealers are taking WIC checks now. But the same would be true with the deductions. Writing off your race horse is supposed to spur (get it, spur?) the horse raising and racing industry... but if those guys are taking my tax dollars and blowing it on cocaine instead of horse shoes, it's akin to taking my tax money and blowing it on meth instead of their heating bill.

FWIW, I'm not in favor of drug testing or itemized deductions, either. I just don't like the current theme of trying to alienate or vilify people in need while rewarding people who have enough money to not have to pay out as much money. I said earlier in the thread, if we're going to have a system with deductions, fine, but have them accessible to everyone. Having lower tax rates on bigger boats than smaller boats or having a race horse isn't something accessible to everyone.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bill would require drug test to claim high-dollar tax deduction - Benton - 06-20-2016, 06:04 PM