Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iowa Congressman Proposes Legislation to Block Harriet Tubman From Being on $20 Bill
(06-22-2016, 10:16 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Why the hell does it matter who is on any currency? I wouldn't notice the difference between George Washington and Bill Murray if I carried cash (I don't - it's archaic and hard to replace if your wallet goes missing).

If this clown shoe doesn't want one person, then just move to remove all the faces from all forms of currency.

(06-22-2016, 11:42 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: I am 100% behind this.
Some the most beautiful designs on currency have been of landmarks, landscapes, and animals.

Oh... cannot forget mythology and boobies.

[Image: 1896_5_bill_lrg.jpg]

I carry cash often and use it for everything other than gas and my weekly grocery shopping at a chain store, and other chain store purchases like Target and what not. Most of my in person transactions are cash, though, because it means more money in the pocket of the business owner. 2.75% per transaction (not always the case, but is an industry standard) can really add up to lost revenue.

Anyway, I am largely in favor of changing up our money altogether. There are a number of things that could be done to make our money more user friendly to the visually impaired and simultaneously more difficult to counterfeit. At the same time a redesign of every bill to get rid of the whole dead presidents motif and something really celebrating our country would be nice. But, since we as a country tend to hate change and since cash is less commonly used, this will likely never occur.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Iowa Congressman Proposes Legislation to Block Harriet Tubman From Being on $20 Bill - Belsnickel - 06-22-2016, 05:46 PM