Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dems conduct sit-in over gun laws
(06-22-2016, 06:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not sure asking is the correct term; however, I agree a vote should be taken, From what the article says, not only did the Dems cut the media when they controlled the house; they also cut the lights. I'm not sure how I feel about POTUS chiming in with his support of this breech of protocol. 

I know both sides tend to cut the access when stuff like this happens, and it irritates me every time. I haven't paid any attention to comments from the WH on this. The extent of my knowledge is there is a sit in after failing to bring bills to the floor for universal background checks and denying guns to those on terrorist watch lists, and Speaker Ryan cut off media access. That's what I caught on the radio today driving to and from NOVA.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dems conduct sit-in over gun laws - Belsnickel - 06-22-2016, 06:44 PM