Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the AFCN going to be weak in 2016?
(06-24-2016, 09:51 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Haters gonna hate....

But homers gonna home.

FYI, you fall into the latter
. Please note your mentioning of the Broncos not having Miller while ignoring he loss of Eifert & Burfict for the Bengals.

The Bengals are due for a bad season and/or the injury bug to bite. Marvin Lewis is due to turn back into Marvin Lewis. The deck is stacked against them

- Every one of the Bengals toughest games except for maybe 1 or 2 are on the road. They open at the Jets on 9/11. Tough one for sure.

- They lose a home game to London.

- They have plenty of prime time action... where AD & ML still tend to crap themselves (see 6 points at home on MNF against the Texans last season in a game where they would have clinched #1 seed in AFC).

- New coaches or coaches changing positions.

- Lost key vets at key positions.

- Guys showing up fat.

- Key guy already injured (Eifert) and expected to miss start of season.

It's the perfect storm for 7-9 or 6-10. They are due and the variables all have the Bengals stock pointing down in the wins column.

I guess from you post, you fall in the former ?

You make some good points but there are also counter points to why the Bengals will still be a winning , playoff contention team

Road Games;  Only 3 of the road games made it to the playoffs ( i have Redskins as netural site)

Home Games:  Only 2 teams had a winning record last year

Coaches:  Veteran staff, have dealt with losing coaches already and have not missed a beat and added Haslett

WR:  Lost Jones will hurt added Lafell will soften the blow, Sanu was 4/5 option not so much, Boyd will make up that difference

Health;  Had injury prone seasons in 2014 made it to playoffs, Dalton goes down last year still go 2-2 and play away from moving on in playoffs

Experience:  This is a veteran team, many coming into the prime of their career, team chemistry is great, mix of young talent helps with depth.

Prime time games:  Over blown.. or totally neutralized by days game dominance ( still play 3/4 of games in day)

Dalton:  Had best year in his 5th year.. becoming a top ten QB

There are just a few of the positives that you can take from the Bengals,, I agree there are concerns but what teams don;t have concerns coming in each year.. Hell Denver could be the team that really falls not the Bengals next year.

So we shaw see.. will 2016 be a winning year or a losing year, my gut says winning year 10-6 but i could see a slip and i can see a rise also.

So im not a homer or a hater but just confused... lol
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is the AFCN going to be weak in 2016? - Essex Johnson - 06-24-2016, 12:07 PM