Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the AFCN going to be weak in 2016?
(06-24-2016, 07:39 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I hope the Steelers take a step back and stink in 2016, but...

Ben might play more than 12 games
The Steelers might replace their #2 WR as easily as we replaced ours
The Steelers are replacing Miller with Ladarius Green who could be as good, if not better than an "on his last-legs" Miller

I guess it's hard for me to understand the assumption that the Bengals can lose offensive pieces and get better while the Steelers will suffer because of it.  I hate the Steelers, but I've also been burned celebrating their demise during the off-season.

Yeah, Ben should play more than 12 games, but that doesn't change the fact that we played them all 3 times with Ben at the helm last season. 4 of the 6 losses they had were when Ben was starting too.

The Steelers didn't replace their #2 WR though. We replaced ours with a proven vet that has had just as much production as our previous #2

Green *could* be as good, but he never has. Miller averaged 676 yards and 3.5 TDs the last 4 years and Green averaged 343 yards and 2.3 TDs the last 3 years (I'll remove his rookie year, because he only had 4 receptions that year). Greens best year is about the same as Millers Worst year in the league.

It will be hard for the Bengals to be better offensively than last year due to them being one of the best in the league while Dalton was around, but I don't think that we lose that much because we replaced Marvin Jones with a receiver that's just as good. The Steelers are clearly going to suffer for it because they took downgrades to the positions that they lost, unlike us.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is the AFCN going to be weak in 2016? - Brownshoe - 06-24-2016, 08:15 PM