Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Justices spar over the constitutionality of the death penalty
(06-29-2015, 11:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I have always found it ironic that most that are anti-Capital Punishment are Pro-Choice.

I know there has been a lot of back and forth spurred by this since I went to bed, but I'd like to go back and respond here.

To me, it's all about the government not getting involved in something it shouldn't. In the case of the death penalty, I don't think the state should decide when to end someone's life. In the case of abortion, it's very similar in my logic. The decision to have an abortion is a difficult one that I can see plenty of merit in both the arguments for, and against. Whatever the decision is there is not a win-win scenario. In that situation I feel the government should not be making that decision and it should be left up to those directly involved, not some suit hundreds if not thousands of miles away.

Both scenarios, anti-death penalty and pro-choice, it's about the government not doing something I feel it has no place in.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Justices spar over the constitutionality of the death penalty - Belsnickel - 06-30-2015, 07:30 AM