Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Bets Should I Put On The Bengals?
(06-30-2015, 03:07 AM)J24 Wrote:  From 2011-2013 we were a  top 10 defense. 2011 7th, 2012 6th, and in 2013 we were 3rd.  Yes we were 20th in overall defense last season but we also had things working against us. #1 adjusting to a new defensive coordinator, #2 losing the heart and soul of the defense in Vontaz, #3 Losing Michael Johnson in free agency, and #4 Geno was not his all pro self last year. Even with those things working against us we were still top 10 in every pass defense category last season except for total passing yards and sacks. Our run defense struggled last season but keep in mind we were 31st in rush defense prior to the return of Rey M and after is return we jumped 11 spots to 20th.
This upcoming season we will be in our second year with Guenther, Vontaz will probably be back and starting at some point during the season plus we have better depth at that position with Hawk and Dawson there, Michael Johnson rejoined our team this off season, and most importantly Geno according to off season reports looks like his old self. If Geno regains his old form then that by itself  puts us back as a  top 10 defenses. Also keep in mind the last time Geno, Dunlap, Johnson, and Gilberry all finished the season healthy together our team had over 51 sacks in that season.
I am not saying flat out that this defense will finish the season #1 overall but I certainly think they can regain being a top 10 defense at the very least and very easily could be a top 5 defense if both Geno and Vontaz are themselves once again. I am not even sure if Vegas does bets like this but if they do I imagine the odds of them being #1 are relatively low & you probably could put a tiny sum of money on them and get a big sum of money in return if they do become the #1 defense. Which in actuality makes this a pretty good bet.

Do you know how gambling works?

No, this isn't a good bet. Please stop.

Could it happen? Sure. Is it likely to happen? No. Is it a "smart bet" or a "good bet" in any capacity? Not unless you like throwing money out a window with disposable income. Stop saying it's a good bet, it's not.

To be honest, props and futures are rarely "good bets" in general.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Bets Should I Put On The Bengals? - djs7685 - 06-30-2015, 08:52 AM