Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US military to lift ban on trans personnel
(06-25-2016, 11:28 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Yeah. That's a nice saying to tell REMF's so they can keep their basic skills up. But 11 Bravo is a trained position and requires more than just Basic Training. You put a trained infantry platoon (and possibly even just a squad) against, say, a personnel service company, that PSC is gonna get wiped out 99 times out of 100. Their specialized training is different. Most PSC's and similar non-combat skill groups can't even set up a reasonable defensive perimeter (at least to infantry standards).

Guy I used to hang with was a weekend warrior 11B. He talked one year after his two weeks about how there was a unit from Finance there as well. Me being an accountant he enjoyed telling me all about MOUT training with them. We then got into a discussion about paratrooper accountants doing calculations on their adding machines on the way down because several of them had jump wings. Anyway, the point of that story is that I have anecdotal evidence supporting this.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: US military to lift ban on trans personnel - Belsnickel - 06-25-2016, 11:48 PM