Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the AFCN going to be weak in 2016?
(06-26-2016, 07:48 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: People knew we were going to play the 4th place schedule and they still predicted that we would only have a couple wins that season. They seen a team that lost their top 2 weapons and their starting QB and the defense wasn't playing that great either. People thought it would take a miracle for us to go to the playoffs.

My lord, I can't believe they haven't made a movie of this triumphant hard luck story, yet.  Charlie Brown and the Jews got nothin' on hard luck Dalton and the 2011 Bengals!  

The Bengals were predicted to have a losing season in 2009, too and I don't see anyone stroking themselves over how much we crow we made the experts eat that year.  We had a broken down QB with no throwing arm left in Palmer, a WR diva who wanted out in Chad Ohsostinko, and a scrapheap RB bust in Benson.

So in 2009 and 2011 we were expected to have losing seasons and instead made the playoffs and lost to a total joke of a QB.  Wow, suck on THAT Steeler fans!  Meh.

2009 Bengals gave Sanchez his first playoff victory
2011 Bengals gave TJ Yates his only playoff victory
2012 Steelers gave Tim Teboner his only playoff victory

and yet one of these seasons is a source of pride because "Aw shucks, look at them kids give it their all!" Cute.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is the AFCN going to be weak in 2016? - Nately120 - 06-26-2016, 08:55 PM