Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the AFCN going to be weak in 2016?
(06-24-2016, 04:57 PM)McC Wrote: Due for a bad season?  What the hell does that even mean?  Nothing.  That's what.

And how the hell does 9/11 give the Jets some kind of advantage?   That's just plain stupid.

People keep saying this crap about the Bengals and every year they keep being wrong.

Eifert misses a game or even two.  So be it.  We have guys to fill in.  He's missed games every year and yet the train still keeps rolling.  Oh, ye of so little faith.  How are you missing the pattern here?

- It means that in the NFL sustaining success year after year after year is incredibly hard. The Bengals have had strong success in the regular season for 5 years running and the odds that a bad one won't pop up is becoming less and less in their favor. Especially in what I consider the toughest division in football. Meaning: They're due.

- I guess home field advantage doesn't exist in your world?  Lalala 
  I disagree and think that the Jets, who were 10-6 and on the verge of the playoffs last season, will have an incredible crowd on opening day, which happens to be on the 15th anniversary of 9/11. Since you apparently live under a rock (or are a conspiracy theorist), 9/11 was a terrorist attack that New Yorkers in particular happen to be incredibly passionate about since, you know (or don't)... it happened there. Take that fact and couple it with the new coaches for the Bengals, the new players, two key injuries/suspensions, etc. and I think for an opening game that's as tough a place to go as any.

- I predicted 12-4 with a 1st round playoff exit before last season started. The Bengals had, IMO, a top 5 talented roster at the start of the season and then throughout the entire year remained relatively healthy. That's lucky in today's NFL and I don't expect a repeat of that good fortune.

-  The pattern? The pattern is different because the two receiving options to replace the ones who stepped up when Eifert was out are gone. I think LaFell, Core, & Boyd will be good, but am not going to have a wet dream over the possibilities of it taking a few games to happen.

And I like Kroft and Uzomah, but they aren't going to do what Eifert does. I expect them to struggle in comparison. If not, what a great thing. But that would be considered a surprise by most reasonable people.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is the AFCN going to be weak in 2016? - PDub80 - 06-27-2016, 12:11 PM