Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian group vandalizes ancient Mexican archaeological site
(06-29-2016, 11:53 AM)GMDino Wrote: http://creation.com/does-the-bible-clearly-teach-monogamy

I guess "endorsed" is the wrong word.

Allowed?
Permitted in certain circumstances?

That link is showing why it is wrong and God really wanted people to be monogamous...but it also has the references to the polygamy in the bible and how it went unpunished for the most part.

However, again, I didn't call them Christian.  They called themselves that.

Oh, I know.....I wasn't looking to argue, just stating my opinion on the matter.  

(06-29-2016, 11:57 AM)GMDino Wrote: I was raised Catholic.  I don't remember being told that the trinity was the basis for being a Christian.  But in all honesty when you are in religion class every day. five days a week, for 12 years...plus mass twice a week...things tend to get fuzzy in the old memory department.

Yeah, that would definitely tend to run together.... Smirk .  Perhaps basis is a bad choice of adjective, bfine says it best a couple posts down.....it's more like a cornerstone of the faith.

(06-29-2016, 12:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't think the OP calling JWs Christians is much of an issue. I will saying that stating they did it when the article states they have only been accused of doing it, may be a little more misleading. I'm not even sure if the article points to who accused them.

Reminds me of a time when Lucie accidently said wins instead of participates in a title. Folks lost their minds; here, not so much.

Agreed.....as I said earlier, just putting an opinion out there on the matter.

(06-29-2016, 12:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's really just a title and if someone wants to consider themselves Christians then that's their choice. I do agree that the Trinity is the keystone belief in Christianity and disagree with those that do not believe in it as labeling themselves as such. For instance Jews believe in Jesus.

I would concur with you....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Christian group vandalizes ancient Mexican archaeological site - Wyche'sWarrior - 06-29-2016, 01:14 PM