Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Billionaire Governor Taxed the Rich and Increased the Minimum Wage —
(06-30-2016, 04:44 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Not saying that Gov. Dayton isn't doing well, but just going to throw out there that Gov. Pawlenty was in office during the recession. He could have added a large number of jobs in earlier years but been hit with huge job losses in the middle and toward the end thanks to that fiasco. On the surface this all looks swell, but I'd like to see the numbers broken down quarterly for unemployment especially, but also for budget purposes.

Of course I am far too lazy to look this information up at the moment, so there is that.

https://fee.org/articles/minnesota-mythbusting/

Quote:While the global recession did have devastating impacts on the Minnesotan labor market at the end of Pawlenty’s term, it’s true that employment growth has been superior under his successor. In the first four years of Pawlenty’s tenure, employment in the state grew by 99,100 jobs, substantially less than the 182,100 in Dayton’s first four years. But is this really a result of progressive policies, or just the natural result of the economic recovery?

Gibson attributes Minnesota’s recovery to three of Governor Dayton’s policies: raising the minimum wage, raising taxes on the wealthy, and guaranteeing equal pay for women. But these changes were all quite small, and none corresponded with the turnaround in Minnesota’s employment, suggesting that they could not have been the cause.

[img]file:///C:/Users/DANIEL~1/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.png[/img][Image: 20150304_mndeed.png]

The author of this article doesn't want to give any credit to the new governor nor blame the previous one.

I'd tend to agree that certain factors are well out of the control of most elected officials.

However....

The fact that such policies are continuing to work is a good point to still make.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: This Billionaire Governor Taxed the Rich and Increased the Minimum Wage — - GMDino - 06-30-2016, 05:01 PM