Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lynch and Clinton talk about "social" things
(07-01-2016, 03:16 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I really think this was staged. Bill probably sat there waiting for reporters to show up so they would get "caught".

Reason being, if Lynch stepped back now, the speculation would be damaging to Hillary. This way it looks like Lynch is just stepping back to avoid any accusations of impropriety. And now when Hillary gets off clean, Lynch will be able to say "Hey, I stepped back - this was impartial determination of other prosecutors". Although I think it's interesting she didn't fully recuse herself, likely so she still controls the flow of information and the pressers.

They may have discussed the Foundation. But I doubt there's anything there - Clintons have always been too smart to leave non-organic trails. Supreme Court just ruled on, essentially, how difficult it is to establish quid-pro-quo with politicians in the McAuliffe case....theoretically the Clintons don't benefit personally from their foundation, so that seems like a big hurdle to prove any malfeasance.

I've wondered if it was planned, but mostly so lynch could step back and it buy more time. The further they push beyond November, the less likely anything significant comes of it. And the less voters care come November.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lynch and Clinton talk about "social" things - Benton - 07-01-2016, 03:25 PM