Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GOOD NEWS, EVERYONE !! (Ozone Layer)
(07-02-2016, 03:50 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Every time I have this debate, and they use the same talking point jabs they've memorized to mock for the purposes of avoiding debate....I tend to find they understand very little of the actual science.

The only thing Global Warming is going to destroy, ultimately, is credibility of science and the public trust of it.  Because what you're reading in the papers really isn't science but radical and politicized fear mongering. 

The Global Warming cult is all about how we are ruining the planet and all this catastrophe that's going to result from a few degrees of warming (which may or may not happen as a result of man - they STILL really don't know how most of this all works)....and THAT part of the global warming alarmism "story" is completely BS without ANY good science behind it.

As a Geoscientist I tend to disagree. 

In terms of SCIENTIFIC METHODOLOGY, I find that the GW community is doing good science.  The problem with it however is the extremely limited dataset.  Atmospheric science IS a Geologic Science.  The Earth being 4.6 billion years old, it has a long history and much of it we do not understand.  Looking back through history we find that the Earth has been much colder and much warmer than we are experiencing now. 

Historic data shows that the Earth can heat up and cool down very rapidly, associated with the collapse or re-initiation of the Gulf Stream.  This data is also limited to the last 1-2 million years or only 0.04% of earth entire history.  Thus to me as a Geoscientist, I do not have problems with the scientific methods themselves, but the application of 150 years of data to draw conclusions about cycles happening on time scales of 20,000, 50,000, 100,000 and 200,000 years. 

To me it is bad science, when a Geologic Science ignores Geologic Time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: GOOD NEWS, EVERYONE !! (Ozone Layer) - Stewy - 07-02-2016, 05:47 PM