Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major League Baseball must permanently retire ‘God Bless America,’
(07-03-2016, 12:31 PM)GMDino Wrote: This story got a very good conversation going on on my FB page.

My musician friend actually defends the musicality of it...as opposed to our National Anthem that is impossible for the average Joe to sing...despite his feeling on the whole God thing.

One guy thinks singing this song is a "great tradition" and removing it would destroy the 7th inning stretch.

Most agree there is no longer a need for it as a reminder of 9/11.

Ha, I had a right-wing pal I worked with a few years back (who had a sense of humor, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered) who just about crapped his pants when I had the nerve to tell him O, Canada is a better song than The Star Spangled Banner.  I guess in his word any sort of actual melody or lyrical relevance is secondary to how much America it is!

Our national anthem is pretty hard to sing, but average joes are pretty awful at singing anyways. Also, it doesn't seem like Americans are as into singing their nation's anthem as much as other cultures are. Perhaps it is due to the difficulty of it, or the fact that it is a song about a specific battle scene rather than the glory of the county itself OR perhaps it is simple over-saturation and is totally procedural. Stand up now, listen to this, sit down..etc.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Major League Baseball must permanently retire ‘God Bless America,’ - Nately120 - 07-03-2016, 12:34 PM