Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red's sign Top 5 international star
(07-04-2016, 03:14 AM)kevin Wrote: It's a stupid move.....Another reason Reds are in last place last few years....They need pitching.....They have a good shortstop in Cozart.....I could see this guy if they got him on the cheap, but to over spend and blow up their international pool money for a shortstop when they have a shortstop.....and one that can't hit you are saying. Cozart can hit and field.......

The Reds make no sense these days.  To the guy that said in another thread that Pete Rose Day leaves him with mixed feelings as the Reds seem to be bringing back the old timers every year to sell seats. I like Pete Rose Day, but I agree that hearing the Sparky Anderson video every year say, " and that's what they did ", is getting old.   I agree that the Reds need to start winning, and this is in no way the right move. ....So now, if an international pitcher comes along, we are shackled because we bet the works on this shortstop, a position we are not in need of.

Message to the Reds....You Need Pitching....It's so bad I'm now taking hitters going against Reds pitching each week in Fantasy Baseball, and it's working as all hitters light up the Reds every week.

This worked for Pete when he came back, and Reds should do it. End this youth movement kick....In 2017, they need to pick up a couple veteran pitchers who can put up some innings.  They also need a veteran catcher who's best ability is to manage the pitchers and get all over them, a future manager type.  Somebody that calls a good game and can go out to the mound and light a fire under these lousy Reds pitchers rear ends.  We need a veteran catcher and a couple veteran pitchers.  Like when we brought in Jim Kaat, or Danny Jackson or Pete Harnish.   Veterans we can get on the cheap, but are probably better than the stiffs we have now.

and another message to Reds....You have done nothing but lose with Price and he is not the one. He is last place all the way....The only thing he has accomplished was his F bomb interview against the media, blaming the media for the Reds losing....No, he is the loser. ....Price needs to go also. .....I'm not seeing much good out of this new GM yet. When is he going to get with it.

I said at the time and caught flack for it, that drafting Yonder Alonzo as a #1 pick when they had just brought up Votto from the minors was a stupid draft pick....and I will say the same on this pick when they have Cozart.....What, the Reds don't have huge holes at other positions to fill, such as relief pitching and starting pitching which is just the worst pitching staff in baseball, The Worst......The Reds ownership is showing me no moves that will avoid Reds being in last place the next 5 years. They better get with it. 

I Hear ya.  They signed Homer instead of Cueto was not a good deal either.  However, They have been following this kid for months and really like him.  Like I said, they will trade Cozart and Bruce for pitching prospects.  Plus, the team has high hopes in Stephenson and the other young guns.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Red's sign Top 5 international star - psychdoctor - 07-04-2016, 02:43 PM