Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cop kills man after he informs officer that he is legally carrying a concealed weapon
(07-07-2016, 02:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: These guys have a tough job. Here's a case of another fatal shooting:

http://nypost.com/2016/07/07/video-shows-motorist-punching-off-duty-cop-before-fatal-shooting/

The issue is when one of them makes a mistake it is often times made public and tied to a larger conspricy. Bad cops should be punished; however, they should not be punished in the court of public opinion and by those for whom they put their lives on the line on a daily basis.

Sad story, but it was an off-duty officer. Nothing to say the attacker knew he was attacking or why he did it. Maybe just a simple case of road rage gone bad?

(07-07-2016, 02:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've told the story before about how I was visiting a friend in Eastern Cincy one time. Around midnight (I was on R&R from Bosnia deployment and my clock was all messed up) I decided to go for a run. After about 30 minutes it started to rain and I realized I was lost. A LEO happened by and I waived him down, he stopped questioned me, and offered to give a ride.

I had no ID. Would this had gone differently if I had been black, as it was a pretty fancy part of town? Who knows, but I do know that night the LEO earned a lot of my respect.

So long story short. Each side will use these examples to soldify their stance and the ones (unlawfull arrests/shooting) found to be be without merit only hurt both sides.

The fact that you even asked the question shows there is a problem.

I've said many times that whether it is fair or not officers of the law are and should be held to a hire standard than the average Joe. They have the ability to take your property, your rights and you away.

That doesn't mean they are all bad or, as you say, should be tried in the court of public opinion. But they are going to get more scrutiny due to their position of power in society.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cop kills man after he informs officer that he is legally carrying a concealed weapon - GMDino - 07-07-2016, 02:20 PM