Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sporting News Ranks AJ McCarron League's Best Backup QB
(07-07-2016, 02:01 PM)BengalChris Wrote: That 1 good clutch playoff quarter happened to be the best the Bengals have had in years though. That has to count for something. Our starters have done nothing but fold in the second half come playoff time. I'm not saying that McCarron should be the starter, but just pointing out that he did deliver something our last two starters have failed to do in multiple attempts.

A few of the better backup QBs from last year or the year before, have become starters around the league: Kurt Cousins, Oswheiler and Fitzpatrick. Cousins and Fitzpatrick had good years as starters.

I am surprised that NE backup QB Garoppolo wasn't listed as #1. That would have been my pick for the top backup QB and I'd have listed McCarron as #2.

Overall, it was a well spent 5th round pick. Just think we could have been stuck with Josh Johnson in those games. Parrish the thought.

you act like McCarron was the only guy out there playing in that one decent quarter.. the other starters stepped up also.. how about AJ and the key TD ?   

McCarron as a backup managed to go 2-2... Dalton was the starter  that delivered us a 10-3 record .  Enough said about that one
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sporting News Ranks AJ McCarron League's Best Backup QB - Essex Johnson - 07-08-2016, 02:19 AM