Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sporting News Ranks AJ McCarron League's Best Backup QB
(07-07-2016, 04:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Since taking over for Andy in the Steeler's AJ McCarron has played in 5 games. 3 have been against tough division foes, 1 against the Super Bowl champion, and one out on the W.C. where we are known to struggle.

In 2 of those games he had a passer rating over 100
In 3 of those games he had a passer rating over 90
In 4 of those games he had a passer rating over 87
In the 5th of those games he had the best playoff performance by a Bengal QB since Boomer Esiason.

If anyone has anything negative to say about a kid who has only started 4 NFL in his career, they are just looking too hard for the negative. In my book he is the best backup in the NFL and soon will be a qauality starter.

Averaged 5.2 yards per attempt. Fumbled the ball 3 times and had an interception.

McCarron also only had 117 passing yards in the first 3 quarters. Against the 30th ranked passing defense. They also tied for 19th with most TDs thrown against them. Tied with Indy and Jacksonville. He only had 212 passing yards against them.

And it's not like the rush attack wasn't doing anything. Hill, Gio, and Burkhead ALL had above a 4.0 YPC.

I don't care about what other QBs have done before that. I'm going off of how McCarron played in that game. And he did not play well. Period.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sporting News Ranks AJ McCarron League's Best Backup QB - wolfkaosaun - 07-08-2016, 06:00 AM