Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sporting News Ranks AJ McCarron League's Best Backup QB
(07-08-2016, 10:36 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Folks wanted AJ gone from the minute he was drafted. I was in the draft forum when the pick was made. While the National pundits were going on and on about what a steal it was, the board was blowing up about how much of a bum he was.

Admittedly, I have been ctical of Andy's play in the past, yet heaped praise on him last year as he seemed to finally had put it all together. I do not want Andy replaced; I want Andy to come back and give us more of last year. This does not mean that I don't think AJ did a fine job for us last year and will be a quality starter in the NFL.

This is what I don't think some people understand.  You can think AJ did a good job, especially for the situation he walked into (coming off the bench against the Steelers in the middle of a playoff run), and still be happy with Andy's level of play last year.  And trying to compare Dalton's season with what AJ did is pointless... Dalton was a fifth year starter, the guy that the offense is tailored around.  McCarron is the backup, we all hope that Dalton is able to continue to grow and to achieve even more than he did last year.  I don't see anyone calling for McCarron to take his job.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sporting News Ranks AJ McCarron League's Best Backup QB - OrlandoBengal - 07-08-2016, 11:49 AM