Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sporting News Ranks AJ McCarron League's Best Backup QB
(07-08-2016, 11:25 AM)BengalintheCbus Wrote: man I cant get over the negativity on the boards either. There are valid points to be made about areas where he struggled but man for not taking the reps with the 1's for most of the year, he had us in position to win tough games against Denver and Pittsburgh.  Sure some of this was the play of his teammates. But as of right now I don't know that we've still seen enough to call him #1 backup in NFL nor enough to say he doesn't have what it takes to be a starter. Im just glad that as of right now we have him backing up Dalton & if Im in front office I keep him here. Unless the Steelers want to give us Antonio Brown for him....

The on contrary I can;t believe some of the over the top hype on McCarron.  4 games is too little of a sample to judge a QB.  I always fall back on a Reds player named Austin Kearns,  had a outstanding rookie year, batting 315 , 13 home runs and 56 RBI in 107 games.  Never hit more than 265 as a Red and was a below average player with the Reds, traded 4 years later.

McCarron might end up having a nice QB career but he also might end up out of the league in a few years... we need more of a sample to fairly judge McCarron, I don;t think 4 starting games warrants the best backup QB in the league and if it does it shows how weak backups overall are right now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sporting News Ranks AJ McCarron League's Best Backup QB - Essex Johnson - 07-08-2016, 11:56 AM