Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sporting News Ranks AJ McCarron League's Best Backup QB
(07-08-2016, 05:46 PM)McC Wrote: You might get some over the top trolling going on but no reasonable member of this board ever said he should start over Andy.  It just never happened.

And there is no hype.  That's a myth too.  He got credit for manning up in a tough situation but nobody ever proclaimed him the savior of anything.  It's not Andy vs AJ.  Andy is the starter and AJ is a reasonably good backup who showed inexperience and promise.  Why does it have to be one against the other?

You can do a quick search on the board and see where people were saying that they wanted a "true" QB competition when McCarron was drafted because they felt he was better than Dalton. Another quick search shows that there is a thread where people were discussing that Dalton should be traded and McCarron should be the starter going forward.

I'm not saying that it's everyone, but some Bengals do say those things and have suggested they feel the team would be better with McCarron as the starter. There are posts on this very board saying exactly that.

I agree with you that it should not be Andy V. McCarron. While you'll probably say I'm lying, I like McCarron. He's the best backup Andy has had. I think it's premature to say that he has shown the promise of being a good starting QB with such a small sample size. I think it's also premature to say he won't hack it at the NFL level. The point I generally try to make is that people are willing to overlook McCarron's mistakes while keeping Dalton under a microscope.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sporting News Ranks AJ McCarron League's Best Backup QB - muskiesfan - 07-10-2016, 01:15 PM