Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sporting News Ranks AJ McCarron League's Best Backup QB
(07-08-2016, 12:26 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: There was plenty of that even last year. which is a different level of dumb.   

I don't dislike McCarron because I like Dalton I dislike all the board members hyping him up to be better than our current starter when he hadn't played a snap.

McCarron did okay for a backup stepping into the situation he did.  But we also had a loaded team when he took over which greatly helped.  If he had stepped in late for the browns last year what would the prespective be?

He might be the best backup in the NFL.. for all I know I don't look at all the teams backup QBs and seeing as many never get tot play that season.
he might actually fit that bill.

But I also didn't see anyone offering anything for him in the offseason.  dispite a good portion of the board thinking we would get a 2nd round pick for him? hahahahahaha...

Using this logic we can also say that Dalton is propped up by a loaded team and would be a scrub if he played for another organization.  You can't use this logic to tear one down without the other.

And no one knows who may have called and/or what was offered.  This team is not going to disclose that information, but we all know the asking price would have been prohibitive.  How often to the Bengals engage in trades?  The answer is "very rarely" and when they do, they get incredibly good return.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sporting News Ranks AJ McCarron League's Best Backup QB - OrlandoBengal - 07-11-2016, 10:31 AM