Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Rudy G. Says ‘BLM’ Is ‘Inherently Racist’
I said recently in another thread that the 'BLM' phrase should drop the first word and replace it with 'All'. Now I dont know if I fully agree with what Rudy is saying here in terms of being 'racist', because I understand the BLM movement is aimed at the very rare unjustified deaths at the hands of a few cops. But I do agree with a lot of what he said overall. A lot of social energy is put forth in these protests for a handful of wrongful deaths, where is that energy for trying to prevent the other '99%' deaths of young blacks, let alone the energy in protesting the under-educated, single parent homes, violence & drug problems in the city hoods which according to some smart people is the root cause of a lot of these issues. Regardless at the end he is right, all races matter.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/rudy-giuliani-says-%E2%80%98black-lives-matter%E2%80%99-is-%E2%80%98inherently-racist%E2%80%99/ar-BBu9PPb?li=BBnb7Kz  w/video of him discussing this

Quote:Former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani on Sunday said more black people in the U.S. are being killed by other black people than they are by police officers, adding that the phrase “black lives matter” is “inherently racist.”
Speaking on CBS’s Face the Nation, Giuliani addressed the racial divide in the country after the police shootings of two black men — Alton Sterling in Louisiana and Philando Castile in Minnesota — and the subsequent deadly attack on Dallas police officers during a Black Lives Matter demonstration.

“There’s too much violence in the black community,” he said. “A black will die 1% or less at the hands of the police and 99% of the hands of a civilian, most often another black.”

“So if you want to protect black lives, then you’ve got to protect black lives, not just against police, which happens rarely … and which happens every 14 hours in Chicago,” he added.

The former mayor also said parents have to teach their children how to respect police officers and that the “real danger to them” in the vast majority of situations is “other black kids who are going to kill them.”

“That’s the way they’re going to die,” Giuliani said.

“When you say black lives matter, that’s inherently racist,” he later added. “Black lives matter. White lives matter. Asian lives matter. Hispanic lives matter. That’s anti-American and it’s racist.”

an excerpt from CNN http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/11/politics/rudy-giuliani-black-lives-matter-inherently-racist/index.html  :

Quote:Giuliani also defended himself against criticism that he did not appreciate the problems faced by the black community, standing by his record as mayor of New York City from 1994 to 2001.

"That ain't the truth. The truth is, number one...I prosecuted more police officers than any other mayor in New York history," Giuliani told Fox. "I put 70 police officers in jail... I am perfectly capable of understanding when police officers act improperly and they should be made an example of when they do."
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
Rudy G. Says ‘BLM’ Is ‘Inherently Racist’ - Millhouse - 07-11-2016, 03:59 PM