Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
“It’s good now”… “It’s been feeling awesome”.
(07-11-2016, 05:47 PM)3wt Wrote: That's how Margus Hunt describes how his back is feeling in Dan Hoard's recent article on Hunt and Clarke stepping up (http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Opportunity-Beckons-for-Clarke-and-Hunt/df3b1689-76ad-41b5-a4a3-bf5ef518604d).  

He went on to describe how bad his back was last year and the process it took to start getting his strength and flexibility back.  Ultimately he was only able to contribute 5% of the defensive snaps.

I have this crazy good (emphasis on crazy) feeling about Hunt this year.   If he stays healthy that is.  I remember how long it took Geno to get back to speed after his knee surgery.  Backs are every bit as serious as knees and he barely was able to get back on the field.

Couple that with what sounds like a really good meeting with Kevin Green and I actually have a touch of optimism going into training camp.  The visit involved physically showing Hunt how he trained and film work of both Green and Hunt.

If Hunt were to develop to the point where he could put significant pressure on the quarterback it would put our defense into a different category.  It would strengthen the rotation (spelling MJ) and add the pressure on the quarterback that has been missing at the end of big games.

big dude like back issues would be a huge problem....   so heres hoping hes healthy and back to ragdolling people
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: “It’s good now”… “It’s been feeling awesome”. - XenoMorph - 07-11-2016, 06:09 PM