Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
“It’s good now”… “It’s been feeling awesome”.
(07-12-2016, 08:39 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Disagree. Hard to play with a sore back. I remember one of the first games at PBS last year we were in the clubhouse and I walked my daughter up to Icky Woods, Mike Martin and Jim Breech to get them to sign her football. I was wearing my newly purchased Hunt jersey. Icky pointed to it and said "watch that guy, he's gonna be special". I agree, which is why I bought his jersey. Yeah, it's taken a little time to get him up to speed, and injuries limited his playing time, but I have a feeling about this year..... "The Eastern Block" may just be back..... 

Yeah, I've been where most people have been this off season: no expectations of what appears to have been a failed experiment.  But when I hear that he had major back problems last year, and when the guy was only on the field for 5% of the snaps, and he probably wasn't going to be himself till this year I'm ready to invest in a little hope.

I'm not pie in the sky here.  He's only ever produced against 2nd and 3rd stringers - and the guy has had a major issue with injuries.  He's old and got into the game late, and did not seem to have the passion to finish when he was on the field.  So I'm in agreement with all that.

But the injury thing - especially last year - coupled with not having been on the field much in his career at this point could be a legitimate reason that he has not produced.   So IF he can stay healthy I think he has the potential to produce.

Hopefully he does enough in practice to warrant a look with the ones, and he rewards the coaches with something wild and crazy.  If not we'll just  have to give him a hat and a printed shirt and send him off to cruise chicks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: “It’s good now”… “It’s been feeling awesome”. - 3wt - 07-12-2016, 11:55 AM