Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
“It’s good now”… “It’s been feeling awesome”.
(07-12-2016, 09:02 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: People will say you are pulling for him out of pure fandom and that he is a bust...blah, blah, blah.

I don't always like to hear the terms "raw", or "project" when it comes to a second round selection, but the Bengals had talent that were already entrenched as starters so I was ok with the decision.  His health has been the #1 issue with Hunt.  I watched him a lot in college.  You can go back and watch his Youtube highlights.  The guy was unblockable.  He had tremendous balance for a big man, and great speed and athleticism.  

I was hoping to see him more at DT next to Geno with MJ and Dunlap outside.  I also thought he was more suited at LDE, but either way, the guy made some amazing plays and he wasn't always facing duds.  I remember when he went against a tackle that was drafted pretty high (second rounder, I think) and he definitely got the best of him the entire game.  Plus, blocking something ridiculous like 17 kicks?  Why was he not next to Dunlap on these units?

I still have hope for the guy, but he is a longshot at this point.  If he has a huge season, this team is going to be lethal on defense. 

People can say what they want, everyone has an opinion. I'm rooting for the guy. If they lined him up next to Geno or Peko, and put Dunlap and Johnson on the ends, what QB could see to throw over that line. The only line of sight would be over top of Geno's helmet, which is going to be bearing down on you. And maybe it's the back issue, but I do not understand why Simmons is not lining up Hunt on the inside to block kicks. Seems like he had a knack for it, and is seldom used in that role. If he makes the step he makes it, if not he's gone. I'm rooting for him....
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: “It’s good now”… “It’s been feeling awesome”. - Sled21 - 07-12-2016, 02:37 PM